Teahouse or homestay
4 WD Jeep
Easy to Moderate
5-7 Hours Per Day
Jan- May & Sept-Dec
Tamang Heritage Trek offers an excellent immersion therapy for those looking to indulge in the local culture. You will find yourself at the heart of the Tamang Heritage after trekking through uneven trails, steep inclines, and forested trails.
Unlike Everest or Annapurna Base Camp, this trek isn’t grueling and strenuous. With easy to moderate difficulty and only over a week of trekking, you will be able to capture the authentic local feel of the Tamang Heritage. The snowy peaks of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, and Shishapangma will cheer you on while the hot springs of Tatopani aim to relax and rejuvenate.
Forget the hotel experience; on this trek, you will experience a homestay and explore the day-to-day life of the locals with complete immersion. You will be traversing over the lands that were once ancient trade routes. The rows of stone houses ahead of you flaunt a Tibetan influence in their architecture.
The best time for this trek is during Summer and Autumn. You don’t need previous trekking experience to go on this trek, but make sure you stay active in the weeks before the trek itself. It is best to avoid trekking during rainy seasons for your safety. The trek will take about 9 days and take you through a surreal natural beauty as well as architecture.
With Nepal Social Trek & Expedition, you can rest assured that our trained professionals will guide you in your trails. Whether it is history, culture, or architecture, our guides have packed their rucksacks with stories to ensure that you can truly understand the land you traverse. We also have porters and first aid kits handy so that we can ensure that all you have to do is enjoy your trek and marvel at the beauty around you.
This trek is a perfect choice for a trip that combines a cultural, aesthetic, and historical trekking experience in one.
Why You’ll Love This Trek
- You will experience cultural transportation directly into the heart of the local lifestyle in multiple Tamang villages.
- Relax and unwind in the natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Experience a local homestay in Briddim and find a deeper understanding of the Tamang heritage
- Rewarding views of spectacular peaks such as the Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, Shishapangma, and more
- Trekking through dense forests, zigzag trails, and open grasslands for an all-in-one-package
Is This Trek Right For You?
- Although this trek is easy to moderate in terms of difficulty, you will be walking about 5-7 hours every day. You don’t need prior trekking itself, but moderate physical fitness is required to be able to complete this trek.
- The highest elevation on this trek is at 3165m. Elevations above 3000m tend to have some chances of altitude sickness still. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, you need to seek medical advice before booking this trek. However, we have a comprehensive first aid kit and a trained staff on board to take care of your safety.
- The teahouses and homestays in the more remote areas, such as Briddim, have the necessary amenities. You will have clean, cozy rooms and hygienic food, but you may need to bring any additional materials on your own.
- The weather can be quite unpredictable. Depending on your travel time, you might want to ensure preparations for such unforeseeable events.
Tamang Heritage Trek – Outline Itinerary
|Day||Itinerary||Altitude (m)||Duration (hours)|
|1||Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (Flight)||1365||-|
|2||Free day in Kathmandu for Sightseeing and Trek Preparation||1365||-|
|3||Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (Drive)||1460||2020-06-07 00:00:00|
|4||Syabrubesi to Gatlang (Trek)||2238||2020-04-05 00:00:00|
|5||Gatlang to Tatopani (Trek)||2380||2020-05-06 00:00:00|
|6||Tatopani to Nagthali (Trek)||3165||2020-05-06 00:00:00|
|7||Nagthali to Briddhim (Trek)||2239||2020-05-06 00:00:00|
|8||Briddhim to Syabrubesi (Trek)||1460||4|
|9||Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (Drive)||1365||2020-06-07 00:00:00|
- You might want to carry a universal adapter for your charging needs as we go to more remote places. You can also purchase this in shops at Kathmandu itself.
- As the weather can be unpredictable, you should pack a down jacket to get comfortable even if it gets cold or rains.
- ATMs and credit card acceptance are scarce in higher altitudes, so remember to have some cash handy for your purchases.
- You might need to carry some passport size photographs if you want to get a mobile sim card for data along the way.
The following are the permits that you will need for the Tamang Heritage Trek:
Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Card
This permit is mandatory for all trekkers traveling in Nepal. For this permit, you will need to carry some passport-sized photographs and a photocopy of your passport. The costs are detailed as follows:
- USD 20 for individual trekkers
- USD 10 for trekkers in groups
- USD 6 for individual trekkers from SAARC countries
- USD 3 for group trekkers from SAARC countries
Langtang National Park Permit
The Tamang Heritage Trek does not exactly fall inside the Langtang National Park. However, you will likely need it as part of your itinerary. The costs for the Langtang National Park Permit are detailed as follows:
- USD 30 per person per entry
- USD 15 per person per entry for trekkers from SAARC countries
Write a Review