Langtang the Ganja-La pass is one of the most challenging passes in Nepal, it is a standout and a true challenge.located northwest of The Kathmandu Valley in the Langtang region.The trek offers, great perspectives of the mountains,a chance to live in old religious communities, beautiful Langtang and Helambu valleys,full of natural bird and wildlife.The route over the Ganja La Pass Trek takes you from the busier trails of the Langtang region to the quaint trails of Helambu )it provides an opportunity to be amid pristine nature for a day or two.
We commence from Sybrubensi passing through several Tamang settlements to reach the ancient monastery of Kyanjin Gompa. Kyanjin Gompa is the most sacred monastery for the Tamangs in the Langtang region. From here we have time to explore the upper reaches of the valley with time to acclimatise before we head off to challenge the compelling Ganja La Pass (5130m), the highest altitude of the trek, which is frozen throughout the year. The trail then goes through the Sherpa villages of Helambu before finishing at Melamchi Pul. A wonderful time away that provides insight into Tamang village culture,spectacular views of the Langtang range,treks through dense forests of rhododendron and pine, visits to Buddhist monasteries, local cheese factories, the diverse flora, and fauna of the region are just some of the highlights of this trek. An opportunity to see the red panda makes this trip equally enticing.
The Cost Include(s)
- Hotel accommodation in a double/ twin-sharing basis with breakfast,
- Guided tour of the city historical and heritage sites,
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) when trekking, tea and coffee during the trip
- Accommodation in teahouse / lodge during trekking.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Nepal Social Treks Gear – sleeping bag, duffel bag for the use during the trip if needed.
- Professional trained local guide with extensive experience,
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Adequate insurance for all staff including porters.
- Trek permit and government tax.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Meals in the cities except Farewell and Welcome Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee can be obtained at Kathmandu airport upon arrival,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.