Car and Jeep
The is fantastic small walking trip, if you are short on time or you do not want to spend all your time trekking, this trek is one of the best trekking trails in The Kathmandu Valley.You do not have to travel far from the city to gain a rich insight into the lives, history, culture and religion of the valleys inhabitants. The trek takes you Shivapuri National Park through forests and villages where old customs and culture are still much in evidence..Shivapuri hill (2792m) is the highest point of the trek. From the top of Shivapuri the whole of the Himalayas opens up in fron of you.The great snow capped peaks of Manaslu, Boudha Himal, Ganesh Himal range, Langtang Range, Dorjeelakpa, Shisapangma and Gaurishankar are but a few of the 60 peaks on show. We also visit Nagarkot a (a hill station in a beautiful setting) and end our Journey there is Dhulikhel a well kept Newari small town which again provides some fantastic views of the great Himalayas.An ideal way to refresh yourself from the city.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport our representive will meet you for the transfer to your hotel.
Eve: Pre departure trip briefing followed by a welcome dinner at a Nepali restaurant featuring cultural program. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast we have a full day around the Kathmandu Valley.
It includes visits to the Hanuman Dhoka (Kathmandu Durbar Square) – an ancient Durbar Squares with its numerous old palaces, temples and pagodas,
After breakfast, we drive to Sundarijal (1 hour) and start trek to Chisopani. The trail starts with a steep climb and passes through the Tamang villages and on through rhododendron forest. Excellent views of the Manaslu Himalayan range on the way.
Dinner and overnight at lodge in Chisopani.
An interesting trail takes us to the hill retreat of Nagarkot, perched on a ridge 32 km east of Kathmandu.It commands sweeping views of the Himalayas. Five of the world’s ten highest peaks, Everest, Lhotse, Choyu, Makalu and Manaslu are visible from here. Nagarkot is also a popular spot to watch sunrise and sunset.
Dinner and overnight at lodge in Nagarkot.
The trail climbs up to the tower of Nagarkot. From the tower there are excellent views of the mountains including a distant view of Mt Everest. We descend through rhododendron forest and old villages to Dhulikhel an ancient Newari town where again there are excellent views of eastern Himalayas.
Dinner and overnight at resort in Dhulikhel.
After breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu 2 hours. Upon arrival, check in hotel for refreshment and rest. Free afternoon for last minute shopping and packing. Farewell dinner at a nice restaurant in Thamel.
Overnight at hotel.
Free until final departure transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport.
The Cost Include(s)
- Airport pick up and drop by private car.
- 3 * Hotel accommodation ( twin share) with Breakfast where stated.
- Government approved Trek team English speaking guide plus porters (all our staff are insured)
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Three meals a day plus tea/coffee (B.L.D.) on trek in lodges
- Private overland transport as described in the itinerary.
- All conservation and trek permits (T.I.M.S.) for the region you are trekking in.
- Sightseeing if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Assistance with buying trek gear or we can loan you for the trek.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Meals other than breakfast or as mentioned in the itinerary when staying in hotels.
- Bottled drinks of any kind plus extra tea and coffee when trekking.
- Tips and gratuities for staff.
- Personal insurance which if trekking or climbing must include helicopter evacuation.
- Please Note: Visas can be obtained on your arrival at Kathmandu Airport.