The Nar and Phu valleys are relatively newly opened to trekkers, two spectacular valleys inhabited by ethnic Tibetans. The trek combines high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, gompas and unique Himalayan cultures. The valleys of Nar and Phu are found by trekking off the Annapurna Circuit trail. Closed to trekkers until late 2002 very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000-meters peaks that surrounded it.The trek provides a chance to visit some of the most unvisited and interesting villages in the Tibetan Buddhist world. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal often trek the route up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lha Khang monastery and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rinpochhe. We return to Pokhara by trekking back on to the Annapurna Circuit and to cross over the Thorong La pass (5416-meter) and on down through lower Mustang, where a few days are spent exploring before heading on to Jomsom and finally fly back to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
The Cost Include(s)
- Three nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast before trek two nights after trek one night,
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle,
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee),
- Accommodation in lodges or camping in twin shared tents with mattress.
- All necessary equipment for camping,
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide,
- Dependent on group size, Sherpa, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters,
- All expenses for all staff – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation etc,
- First Aid kit bag,
- Government and local area taxes where applicable,
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System),
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Besisahar and Jomsom to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus or by flight,
- Nar Phu Valley entry Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fees, special permit for Nar Phu valley
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Soft and alcoholic drinks,
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc),
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service,
- Donation, tips and personal expenses,
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment,
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc),
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves,
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.