A new trekking trail package named ‘The Guerrilla Trek’ has recently been launched, including the release of a Guerrilla Trekking Guide book and trekking map.The book written by Alonzo Lyons retraces the path adopted by the Maoist guerrillas starting from Beni in Myagdi District, towards Rolpa and Rukum further West.
Trekking along the Guerrila Trek gives hikers the chance to see routes and hideouts used by the guerrillas during the conflict (1996-2006).In spite of what the name might suggest, the area is very peaceful nowadays. The Guerrilla Trek passes through lush valleys in the shadow of the mighty Himalaya, including the impressive Dhaulagiri (8167 m). It passes dramatic waterfalls, lakes and the country’s only hunting reserve in Dhorpatan. The views from Jalja La, a pass at 3386 m, are stunning and definitely compete with crowded Poon Hill. One can also see a whole range of mountains; especially the Dhaulagiri (8167 m) and Gurja Himal (7193 m) are very close.
From Beni up until Dhorpatan, the trail overlaps with the Lower Trail of The Great Himalaya Trail. At Dhorpatan the GHT trek diverts towards the north to Dunai while the Guerrilla trek takes its course further westwards to Musikot in Rukum
The Cost Include(s)
- Hotel accommodation in a double/ Twin-sharing Basis with breakfast,
- Guided tour of the city with Private tours to the cultural, historical and heritage sites as per mentioned on the itinerary,
- Assistance for the trekking gears and the shopping for the trekking equipment if required,
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in trekking
- Tea and coffee during the trip.
- Accommodation in teahouse / lodge during trekking.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- All domestic flights and departure tax if mentioned on the itinerary.
- Nepal Social Treks Gears – sleeping bag, duffel bag for the use during the trip, garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local guide with extensive experience trained in Wilderness First Aid and accredited by the Nepalese government.
- First Aid Kit Comprehensive.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Adequate insurance for all staff including porters.
- Trekking map for each trekker.
- Trek permit and government tax.
- Any other items mentioned on the itinerary.
- Nepal Social T-Shirt or souvenir gift.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Nepal entry visa fee US$45 for one month which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc..
- Tips for trekking/ tour guide & porters (expected, not mandatory)
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.