Lower Dolpo Trek is a challenging and adventurous trekking opportunity that fulfills the thirst of any adventure seeker and trekking enthusiast.Trek to the Lower Dolpo is an unique chance to experience western Himalayan culture, its eco systems and the wild beauty of the Himalayan flora and fauna.
Even though it is very lust and beautiful, it is equally wild and backbreaking and long. This trek will take about 3 weeks. Be prepared of 6-7 hours of trekking and hiking every day.
The primary attraction of the Lower Dolpo Trek is the great Shey Phoksundo Lake. The deepest lake in Nepal and almost lifeless due to the cold, the Shey Phoksundo Lake is some to a few but the most exotic creatures in the planet. This lake hosts the fish living in the extreme cold Himalayan water with the blue green algae and water plants that survive in extreme cold. This attracts hundreds of botanist and naturalist to this part of the country every year.
One of the most remote places in Nepal, Dolpo region was closed for foreigners for decades before a limited part of this region was opened for trekking and tourism in 1989. Bordered by the Dhaulagiri and Churen Himal ranges, by Jumla District in the west, notable things one will come across during the Lower Dolpo Trek are the clean and tidy snowy peaks, prehistoric and isolated villages, rich flora and fauna, unfailing Buddhist monastery and astonishing lakes. Full of people with enthralling culture and traditions, one will be surprised by the well mix-up of the Nepali and Tibetan cultural and traditions in this area.
The Cost Include(s)
- Guided tour of the city with Private tours to the cultural, historical and heritage sites as per mentioned on the itinerary.
- Assistance for the trekking gears and the shopping for the trekking equipment if required.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in trekking
- Tea and coffee during the trip.
- Accommodation in teahouse / lodge during trekking.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- All domestic flights and departure tax if mentioned on the itinerary.( Kathmandu- Nepaljung-Juphal-Nepaljung-Kathmandu)
- Nepal Social Treks Gears – sleeping bag, duffel bag for the use during the trip, garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local guide with extensive experience trained in Wilderness First Aid and accredited by the Nepalese government.
- First Aid Kit Comprehensive.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Adequate insurance for all staff including porters.
- Trekking map for each trekker.
- Trek permit and government tax.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Nepal entry visa fee which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc..
- Tips for trekking/ tour guide & porters (expected, not mandatory)
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.