Tilicho Lake is situated at 4,919M in the Annapurna Range and is one of the highest lakes in the world. Its crystal blue elegance has attracted visitors from all over the world,the lake is mentioned in Ramayan an ancient Hindu book.
This trek starts from Besisahar and follows the Marshyangdi River, with some great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east.We trek through villages inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups with the trail offering spectacular views of the snow clad Himalayas. We have customized this route as it is basically the same as Annapurna Circuit, from Manang instead of taking the valley north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka this route traverse the main valley to the west passes through Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal) before a trek up to Tilicho lake from here we trek to Yak Kharka then up to the high pass of Thorung La at elevation of 5416 meters. From the pass of Thorung La the trek leads down to Muktinath then to Jomsom from where a thirty five minute scenic flight take us to Pokhara.
From Tilicho Lake you also have the option of crossing the challenging pass of Moesokanta La Pass” to Jomsom instead of traveling via Thorung La but additional equipment with a tented camp are required to go this route.
The Cost Include(s)
- Kathmandu Hotel accommodation in a double room with breakfast.
- Guided tour of the city with all entry fees to cultural, historical and heritage sites visited.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on trek
- Accommodation in teahouse / lodge during trekking tent if climbing.
- Private transportation to the starting point of the trek.
- Flight from Jomsom-Pokhara.
- Nepal Social Treks Gear – sleeping bag, duffel bag etc for the use during the trip if needed.
- Professional local guide with extensive experience, trained in Wilderness First Aid and accredited by the Nepalese government.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Adequate insurance for all staff including porters.
- Trekking map for each member
- Trek permit and government tax.
- Proper Insurance for all staff including porters.
- All required personal and climbing equipment: plastic starts, crampons, climbing ropes, ice ax, zoomer, harness, figure eights, snap, etc.
- Tent for camping.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Travel insurance, while on trekking,travel insurance should be valid and include helicopter rescue.,
- Nepal entry visa fee you obtain it in Kathmandu airport upon arrival,
- Personal trekking equipment and items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry or mineral water.
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Articles written by staff costs, as hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc..
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Travel insurance