The majority of people keen on trekking who visit Nepal who want to soak in the Everest experience choose the easier option by taking a flight from Kathmandu to the mountain airstrip of Lukla..However, for those who prefer to make their encounter with this giant a much more traditional and historical one we follow the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Sherpa on the first successful recorded summit way back in 1953. This Classic Everest Trek is far less busy,it provides some beautiful initial days as you trek through forests of silver fir, birch and rhododendron before reaching Lukla where you join the main trail up to Everest Base Camp.
The region has been recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site since 1979,It covers an area of 1148 sq km.Landscape varies from alpine like in the southerly regions becoming a lot more harsh and rugged dissected by deep gorges the higher you trek. Elevations range from 2845m in the south to 8848 meters and the summit of Everest in the north on the border with Tibet.
The Cost Include(s)
- Hotel accommodation with Breakfast.
- Government approved Trek team English speaking guide plus porters (all our staff are insured)
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Three meals a day (B.L.D.) on trek plus tea/coffee.
- Private overland transport as described in the itinerary.
- Flight Lukla.to Kathmandu
- All conservation and trek permits (T.I.M.S.) for the region you are trekking in.
- Sightseeing if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Assistance with buying trek gear or we can loan you for the trek.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels.
- Bottled drinks of any kind plus extra tea and coffee when trekking.
- Tips and gratuities for staff.
- Personal insurance which if trekking or climbing must include helicopter evacuation.
- Please Note: Visas can be obtained on your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport.