Hotel & Lodge
Private Car 7 Jeep
Mera Peak Climbing tour is 17 days long you are around the beautiful Khumbu Region where the majestic mountains and alluring landscapes treat your eyes. The trail that you follow throughout the adventure is quite similar to that of the Baruntse Expedition. You will traverse through some of the exotic flora and fauna and scenic villages before attempting to scale the snow-capped Mera Peak. Mera Peak, which stands at an elevation of 6476 meters (21247 feet), is the ultimate showdown of this wonderful expedition. Climbing Mera Peak has been the desire of many mountaineering enthusiasts over the years. Situated in the Mahalangur section of the Himalaya, Mera Peak contains three main summits: Mera North (6476m), Mera Central (6461m), and Mera South (6065m). You will kickstart this amusing Mera Peak Climbing expedition with a bone-chilling flight from Kathmandu to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla— one of the world’s most extreme airports! The climbing route then passes through the south of Lukla to the traditional village of Hinku. From there on, you will get close to Sherpa cultural villages, ancient Buddhist Monasteries, and rugged terrains. The unspoiled villages enhanced with extended pastures welcome your heart and soul. Daily grazing of sheep, yaks and yak herds befriends you throughout the journey. Besides, you will cherish the Khumbu region’s scenic paradise while passing through the dense forest of rhododendron, pine, oak, and juniper trees. The adventure reaches its most enthralling part when you reach Mera Peak Base Camp and prepare for the summit of Mera Peak. You will follow our climbing experts to High Camp, where you will acclimatize and make the final preparations before conquering the magical Mera Peak.
Once you tackle all the obstacles and reach the top of Mera Peak, you will witness the magnificent views of Mount Everest (8848m), Cho-Oyu (8210m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8481m), Kanchenjunga (8586m), Nuptse (7861m), Chamlang (7319m), Baruntse (7129m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Kangtega (6779m), and other surrounding peaks.
Typically, Spring (March-May) and Autumn (September-November) are the most favorable time frames for climbing the Mera Peak. During these months, you don’t have to confront the possible threats that the high altitudes can bring in. We can also operate the adventure even in the winter season if you are interested in taking on the challenge.
To sum up, this exciting Mera Peak Climbing adventure grants you the opportunity of a lifetime to spend some of your quality time in the Himalayas. And since you are up for the wonderful expedition, we will make sure you get the best service possible with our expertise and experience.
Short History of Mera Peak
Col. Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing first submitted Mera Peak on May 20, 1953. Mera Peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. The climbing history of this wonderful peak is closely related to the big names of early Himalayan explorers, including Sir Edmund Hillary, Eric Shipton, and George Lowe. These experts teamed up and led a British Expedition that explored the Mera Peak area in the early 1950s.
Day-to-Day Itinerary Table for Mera Peak Summit:
|1||Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, and Transfer to the Hotel||1350 m||–|
|2||Flight from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu to Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla||2840 m||40 minutes|
|3||Trek from Lukla to Chutanga||3450 m||4 hours|
|4||Trek from Chutanga to Khartitang||3900 m||6 hours|
|5||Trek from Khartitang to Kothe||4095 m||4 hours|
|6||Trek from Kothe to Thangnak||4350 m||4 hours|
|7||Acclimatization Day at Thangnak||4350 m||–|
|8||Trek from Thangnak to Khare||5045 m||3 hours|
|9||Acclimatization Day at Khare||5045 m||–|
|10||Trek from Khare to Mera Base Camp||5350 m||5 hours|
|11||Trek from Mera Base Camp to High Camp||5780 m||4-5 hours|
|12||Summit of Mera Peak and Trek to Khare||6476 m (Mera Peak) 5045 m (Khare)||8-9 hours (trek)|
|13||Trek from Khare to Kothe||4095 m||7 hours|
|14||Trek from Kothe to Thuli Kharka||3900 m||5 hours|
|15||Trek from Thuli Kharka to Lukla||2840 m||9 hours|
|16||Flight from Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla to Kathmandu and Transfer to the Hotel||1350 m||40 minuted|
|17||Drive to Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu for Final Departure||1350 m||0.5 hours|
Why You Will Love This Mera Peak Climbing
- You will uncover the beauty and serenity of magnificent Nepal with this 17 days-long expedition through Khumbu Region.
- You can indulge yourself in the spectacular views of Mount Everest (8848m), Cho-Oyu (8210m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8481m), Kangchenjunga (8586m), Nuptse (7861m), Chamlang (7319m), Baruntse (7129m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Kangtega (6779m), and other surrounding peaks.
- Splendid views of Kongde Ri (6187m), Number Himal (6075m), Karyolang Peak, and other surrounding peaks from the top of Zatrawa La Pass
- Flying in and out of the infamous Lukla Airport
- You will have an enjoyable trek around the Hinku Valley.
- Exciting trek around Zatrawa La Pass and the Khumbu Valley
- Passing through the dense forest of rhododendron, oak, pine, and juniper trees
- This adventure brings you close to Sherpa cultural villages, ancient Buddhist Monasteries, rugged terrain, glaciers, beautiful and uninhabited Hinku Valley, unique flora and fauna, etc.
Is This Mera Peak Climbing Right For You?
- As you will be spending most of the days at higher altitudes, the weather can be inconsistent. It can also affect your expedition and put it to a halt. You need to make sure that you thoroughly consider the time of the year you wish to take on this climbing adventure. The views and conditions will vary between seasons.
- For about a week or more, you will have to walk for 5 to 7 hours, excluding the final climb. So, make sure you can take the challenge. If you have been practicing mountaineering exercises prior to the journey, it will be helpful.
- Our properly planned itinerary offers you even more sightseeing of the youngest mountains in the world, enduring ample time apart for adaptation and acclimatization.
- The tea houses that will accommodate you throughout the trekking period are very simple with some basic facilities. Access to electricity for charging electronic devices will cost you some extra. Wi-Fi is available at a few locations, but connections will be weak. However, you can get all the advanced facilities when you are staying in the hotel at Kathmandu.
- The most important part of the expedition includes the scaling of Mera Peak. The climb is not that challenging; however, you may have to face some difficulties due to your physical fitness. Therefore, keep in check that you have some climbing experience before taking on this expedition.
- The expedition includes several days of camping over 3000 meters, where there is the risk of being struck by Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). You may notice shortness of breath and mild headache, but your guide will make sure you walk gently to let your body adapt to the thinning air.
Our Sherpa guides are well-trained in first aid. They will be carrying emergency medicines to assist you with any difficulty. In extreme cases, we will rescue you using a helicopter. If you are uncertain about your physical ability, you need to inquire about some medical advice before booking this campaign. If you looking for a similar peak in the Everest region please check: Island Peak Climbing, Lobuche Peak Climbing
Why Nepal Social Treks for Mera Peak Climbing?
Higher Success Rates
Nepal Social Trek has garnered higher success rates over the years since the start of our campaign in 2006, all thanks to our extremely professional and dedicated guides. Our trained members have always used the conventional tactical approach in every type of expedition, leading to higher success rates over the years. Our increasing success rate makes us your convenient partner in your quest for exploring Mera Peak. For expeditions over 6000 meters, we have a 1:3 guide-to-climber ratio, which is superior to most of our fellow agencies.
Well Qualified Teams
With Nepal Social Trek, we ensure the most hardworking, dedicated, and properly organized team. We have assembled a team of experts who have had years of experience in their respective fields. One of the main reasons for our successful expeditions year after another is our highly qualified guides who operate exceptionally as leaders. Our team of guides has carried out more than 100 expeditions on the Himalayas, including Everest, Manaslu, Himlung, Baruntse, Lhoste, Nuptse, Amadablam, Dhampus peak, and similar other 6000+ peaks over time. Our guides are experts in mountaineering with extensive knowledge on the Himalayas, usually more than 5 years of experience with at least 3 times the summit of Mt. Everest. All of the guides are trained and assessed by the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA) or Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) with many years of Mountaineering experience in the world’s highest mountains. With their expertise in mountaineering and summiting the highest peaks in the world, they will be responsible for your successful ascent.
We are transparent about our service, and we don’t make any fake promises. Likewise, we are also highly concerned about offering all the things mentioned in the package. With us, you will get a better climbing and expedition experience.We do not risk any aspect of support or safety and offer everything specified in the package. Our primary goal is to provide ever more creative and exciting expedition packages for people to savor and enjoy. It offers us much pleasure when our guests speak highly of us.
We make use of the most advanced technology for carrying out weather forecasting and communications throughout the expedition. Communication becomes vital between different camps once the journey starts, and we make sure there is no breach. The satellite phone service will be made available for unhindered communication. As the campaign involves spending most of your time at higher altitudes, you need to be aware of the challenges you need to tackle weatherwise. The accuracy of the weather forecast is undoubted with a dedicated team of veterans supporting meteorologists.
Excellent Food and Accommodation Facilities
We always keep your health and well-being at the highest priority list and ensure you are no short of proper fooding throughout the adventure. Our Sherpa friends at the base camp will make you feel at home with their delicious cooking. When you ascend Mera Peak, we make sure there are dedicated cooks and healthy ready-to-cook food available for your convenience.
At Nepal Social Trek, we are very flexible with our trek and expedition packages. You can customize your trip as per your requirements. Depending on your customization, we can either increase or decrease the expedition days. We have assembled the best guides who know the safe way throughout the tour.
Furthermore, we will arrange every detail of your Mera Peak Climbing, including fooding, lodging, and necessary climbing equipment. You are always in safe hands with Nepal Social Trek.
Write a Review