Helambu is an ideal region for short treks, it begins near to the Kathmandu Valley and leads to the Langtang Region and conservation area. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. Here you can experience the Hyolmo culture of high mountain people. hike with the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, witness majestic waterfalls, and view the awesome snow-capped Himalayas. These all go to make the trek one of the most diverse treks accessible from Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery that leads up to the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an engrossing experience.People living in the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly Nepalese, however they practice a more Tibetan lifestyle being descendants of Tibetan origin,
Comencing from Sundarijal an hour's drive from Kathmandu,.after about an hour's walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park.the trail leads to Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang and ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. On the way pass through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views, towards the end of the trip we trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
- 3 * Hotel accommodation ( twin share) with Breakfast where stated.
- Government approved Trek team English speaking guide plus porters (all our staff are insured)
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Three meals a day plus tea/coffee (B.L.D.) on trek in lodges
- Private overland transport as described in the itinerary.
- All conservation and trek permits (T.I.M.S.) for the region you are trekking in.
- Sightseeing if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Assistance with buying trek gear or we can loan you for the trek.
- Bottled drinks of any kind plus extra tea and coffee when trekking.
- Tips and gratuities for staff.
- Personal insurance which if trekking or climbing must include helicopter evacuation.
- Please Note: Visas can be obtained on your arrival at Kathmandu Airport.