Bardia National Park is the largest park in the lowland Terai covering an area of 968 sq. km. The park situated in Nepal’s Western Terai was established to protect representative ecosystems and conserve tiger and its prey species. Initially, a small area was gazetted as the Royal Karnali Wildlife Reserve in 1976. When this area was protected, approximately 1500 people of the Babai valley were resettled outside the park allowing the vegetation and wildlife to flourish. In 1982, it was renamed as Royal Bardia Wildlife Reserve, and in 1984 it was extended to its current size. The reserve was given the status of a National Park in 1988.
Activities in Bardia National Park:
Nature walks, Bird watching, Cycling tours to black buck area, Isolated villages and surrounding farmlands, Visit to the Karnali Bridge, Elephant safaris, Jungle drive, Tharu Cultural programme, Canoeing Trips and Rafting in Karnali River.
Arrive in the lodge sometime today. In the afternoon discover Tharu life and culture with a guided walk from the lodge through neighbouring villages and farmland. Meals - Dinner
Full day guided Jungle Walk taking in various areas in the park and targetting different species. Packed lunch included.
Meals - Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Morning 1-hour Elephant Safari into the park. pm - Guided Jeep Safari, visiting areas of the park you didn't reach during the jungle walk. Meals - Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Full day Rafting Trip through the park on tributaries of the Karnali River. This tour includes several stops and short jungle walks to good wildlife viewing spots. Return to the lodge in a traditional local ox cart. A packed lunch is included.. Meals - Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Early morning bird watching walk outside the park followed by free time to relax or explore the surrounding village pm - Departure from Bardia. Various transfer options available
- All meals featuring international like, continental, Indian, and Nepali cuisine.
- All Jungle activities with services of our naturalist & nature guide for elephant briefing, bathing & safari, tharu culture dance presentation, National Park permit fee,
- All necessary ground transportation facilities by Tourist Van,
- National Park entrance and Nature Conservation fees,
- Nepal entry visa which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival.
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, etc..
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Both Way flight Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Kathmandu,