This expedition offers a superb climbing experience in a magnificent setting, with numerous cultural and scenic diversions. Ama-Dablam is one of the most stunning peaks in the Himalaya and one of the most impressive mountains in the world. Situated in the heart of Everest’s Khumbu region, it lies directly above Tengboche Monastery on the path to Everest Base Camp.
The expedition is not just a “guided” ascent but it is led by a professional team of competent mountaineers who have enough experience to climb one of the world’s most sought after mountains without undue risk. This approach ensures that team members are suitably experienced, reasonably self-sufficient, capable and willing to move between camps unsupervised. You will still have a high level of support, starting with strong, confident leadership; this will maximize your chances of success without undermining the quality of your achievement.
The Cost Include(s)
- 3 * Hotel accommodation ( twin share) with Breakfast where stated.
- Government approved Trek team English speaking mountain guide plus porters (all our staff are insured)
- Ama Dablam climbing permit.
- Food for Trekking and Expedition period Ama Dablam
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Three meals a day (B.L.D.) on trek plus tea/coffee.
- Private overland transport as described in the itinerary.
- Return flights from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- All conservation and trek permits (T.I.M.S.) for the region you are trekking in.
- Sightseeing if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Assistance with buying trek gear or we can loan you for the trek.
- Permit fee for Ama Dablam.
- Single high North Face altitude tent for 1 person for expedition
- Mat, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table and chairs
- Insurance for all Nepali staff
- Emergency Oxygen -Mask and regulator
- Satellite phone (Pay calls)
- Farewell dinner
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels.
- Bottled drinks of any kind plus extra tea and coffee when trekking.
- Tips and gratuities for staff.
- Personal insurance which must include Helicopter Evacuation.
- Please Note: Visas can be obtained on your arrival at Kathmandu Airport.
You need to have established a good level of fitness and need to have prior climbing experience to take part in Amadablam Expedition. As you would be required to walk for long hours each day on undulating terrain while gaining altitude, it is best that you are physically prepared to overcome the challenges of the mountain. You needn't worry, for we will guide you thoroughly as to what kind of exercises and techniques you need to learn, and we also organize climbing trips to smaller mountains that do not require technical climbing, as a practice to summit Amadablam.
We are aiming to summit world's highest mountain, so altitude might be a problem to many. However, we design our itineraries inclusive of acclimatization days, during the trek and the expedition as well, to let your body normalize to the increasing altitude. You might notice shortness of breath and mild headache, but your guide will make sure you take slow and steady steps to let your body adjust to the thinning air. Our guides and Sherpas are trained in first aid and are carrying emergency medicines to help you in the time of difficulty. In extreme cases, we rescue you using a helicopter. It is recommended to consult your physician before considering the expedition.
We recommend you to get a full insurance which includes travel insurance, medical insurance, and an emergency evacuation insurance to avoid unnecessary expenses in case of any unfortunate event. Choose your insurance wisely, and if you are confused, we can direct you just to the right one.
No, you needn't worry about carrying your luggage as your team has experienced porters to assist you throughout the trip. You can carry a backpack with your essentials like camera, sun screen, waterproofs, snacks, water etc.
A pair of good quality boots, a down jacket, walking poles, and a pair of walking poles are a must for the expedition. We will send you a full kit list after you register with us, and we can recommend you place to buy or rent the equipment’s, on your request.
We are very cautious about the food and water you consume, so safe water is provided throughout. In hotels and teahouses, you can purchase bottled water. Your team will have cooks as well who will make sure you get fresh and substantial food. It is still a good idea to bring water purifiers, energy bars, snacks, and other candies with you.