Mt. Annapurna South Expedition (7,219m)
Annapurna South Expedition, on this expedition we take you well off the beaten trail, on to long, remote mountain ridges, through exposit forest and to visit traditional villages. Views of the Annapurna and the gigantic mass of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre are utterly breathtaking and complement many of our phenomenal campsites during this classic 23 treks and expedition to Annapurna South.
To start this expedition one and half hour drive to Nayapul from Pokhara our walk begins in the lower, more temperate region of forested hillsides such as Magar and Gurung villages. As we move higher through the rhododendron woodlands the views of Annapurna and Machhapuchhre. On reaching Kopra Ridge our campsite is right below Mt. Annapurna 1st. Trails goes up to the sacred lake above Kair, a marvelous alpine experience. We set up the Base Camp for climbing to Mt. Annapurna South. After finishing expedition trek back to Pokhara takes us via Ghorepani and Poon Hill for one of the most famous panoramas point in the Annapurna.
Beside this, there is another route for climb to Annapurna south from east to North West route that trail start from Phedi and Chhomrong Village to Annapurna Base Camp.
Itinerary in Details:
Trip Cost Includes:
- All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport, trekking, expedition pick up & drop.
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class Hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per given itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- All the logistic charges for climbing,
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Peak permit fee.
- Full board basis during the trekking.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and Kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Per Person 40 KG. Equipment’s luggage / barrels allowed till to Base Camp.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- Visa extension.
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Agency service charges.
Trip Cost Excludes:
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Hotel after 5 Nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Service above Base Camp.
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Walki -Takie permit & Satellite phone permit.
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator for climbing.
- Climbing Guide (Sherpa).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.( normally it should pay for it if you are bringing for climbing purpose)
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, etc.
- International airport departure tax & tourist tax.
- Tips and climbing bonus.